Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I have always loved Valentine's Day even when I didn't have a "Special Someone".  I use to give gifts to my friends and to my Mother just because it made me feel good to see them smile.

Now I have a Husband of 16 years and I always get him something (Except this year, because we are snowed in and I didn't get it early.)  But I still love to give others a little something too.  My Kids always get a Heart candy box and I usually get my Mom something too.  I usually send out small Valentine's cards to a few of my friends.  This year has really been thrown off by all the snow and ice we keep getting, but I still feel the love!  

This year I joined in the Simply Betty Fan Group Valentine swap.  We were to cover a "Wine Box" and decorate it. Then fill it with Valentine Theme gifts.  I was given Katya Bess as my partner and had the best time shopping for her.  Once I finished covering her box I was so in love with the way it turned out I almost wanted to keep it.  LOL  I was very glad to hear that she liked it and that her Husband like the box as well, enough to set it on their dresser. 
You can see photos of it on Katya's blog
   

Due to the weather we are having here most deliveries have been delayed and the box coming to me from Katya has been held up.  I am sure that I will love it and all it's contents when it gets here. In the mean time Katya has sent me photos to use for this post.  She did a portrait of Me and My Hubby (John).  And she got me some really awesome flowers and Sculpy to play with!  Now I am SUPER EXCITED!  Thank you so much Katya!

I really love the rainbow tie-dye dress and her purple hair is PERFECT!  
Love it Katya can't wait to see it in person.




Here is the list of participants, so hop on over to the next blog in the list and check out all the wonderful creations.  

Carmen Shannon ( no blog ) ^ ^ ^
Vanessa Bland: http://slightlytwistedbutterfly.blogspot.com (you are here)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and wow on that picture, awesome goodies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to say the Dress on this one is one of my FAVES!! Very nicely done & love how much effort she put into personalizing it to you, down to every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh oh Fabulous... Fantastic job Katya...
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo.I love the purple hair and you are going to have lots of fun using all those flowers.

    ReplyDelete